Seville snapshots

20:48 Alyson 0 Comments

With pregnancy, having a baby and maternity leave, last year we got a bit behind on travel (not to mention blogging but that's another sob story). I spent the last 5 months of 2015 without a single escape. Even with a baby though, I knew that travel was still a priority to me and so I didn't want to wait too long before we got back in the saddle.

Our first vacation destination couldn't have been more perfect - Seville, Spain. Even almost 3 months later, I still think of that moment as we rambled down the cobbled streets, passing tapas after tapas bar, loud with the sounds of friends enjoying a late meal (and probably some sangria). Looking up, I saw laundry hanging from clothes lines window boxes overflowing with red flowers, and windows surrounded by vibrant, colourful tiles. It was in that moment that I felt like I found a bit of myself that had been lost in the transition from carefree woman to mom who stresses about a baby's well-being, sleep schedule, eating schedule and just about everything else you can worry about (and many things you shouldn't worry on!).

Of course not everything about the trip was perfect - it started out with an expensive taxi ride when I thought we were running late for our flight at Heathrow when in fact we were running late for our flight at Gatwick. Or when we got stuck in the rain with no umbrellas. Or, something even less predictable than weather, the baby who doesn't sleep! But still, it re-ignited my excitement around travel and reminded me what I loved about it. Perhaps it's the old saying absence makes the heart grow fonder, but I felt more of a thrill from this trip than I had from travelling for awhile.

I am promising myself that I will write down our adventures soon, but for now, here are a few of the details that drew me in to Seville's history, architecture and culture. Hopefully this little taste will inspire me to come back to share more, and get more travel in the books!












You Might Also Like

0 comments: